Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Empowerment

It isn't often in this world that we get to do something unique or try something different or invent something. Especially when that something is our job.

I have been particularly blessed in this regard over the past 3 years to work for a company that allowed me to do just that. When Zachry Associates needed to expand their business and brand into the North Texas marketplace, I was there when they asked.

The answer wasn't "no" or even qualified.

That's because they empowered me to find the way. I had to do most of it myself, but they were always there. From a management perspective they:

  • Gave me the tools I needed to tell the story.
  • Granted me access to their staff and resources.
  • Guided me when they saw opportunity and when it was needed.
  • Asked, didn't tell me, what to do next.

If more company leaders would act like HC Zachry, there might be more productivity, there might be fewer layoffs and more revenue, there might be stability in the economy.

Now all good things come to an end. We were able to identify the brand clearly in the marketplace and gain a foothold, even in this weird economy. But now it is the next person's turn to take advantage of the groundwork we put out there. Business life is episodes. But that's a topic for another post.

Relentless

Find more and similar content at http://www.zachryinc.com/networking/

No comments:

Post a Comment