Wednesday, June 3, 2009

After landing

Today I received one of those calls you really want to get. One of the people in my network who had been between opportunities, called to tell me he had landed.

I appreciated the conversation and was reminded of another cardinal guideline--renew the acquaintance of those you encounter after you land. It's the old "you never know who you will be working with or for" axiom. Bill and I spoke about how he had found the opportunity (from a friend of many years and then an introduction) and a promise of his new/revised contact information.

He also reminded me of a book (which is on my reading list) with a great title: "The Power of Who," by Bob Beaudine. the message is not to overlook those you know, who know and love you and care about you.

Great advice from one who just experienced it first hand.

Relentless

No comments:

Post a Comment